From EECH Central
Revision as of 19:57, 13 January 2020 by Thealx
This page is about hints in the gameplay. It helps to survive and improve your skills.
- The best way to avoid a fight with fixed wing aircraft is simply not turning on your radar.
- SAMs/AAAs are actively scanning for air threats. You will be detected soon after you emerged from a hill.
- Though you can receive radar scanning signal it doesn't mean you've been detected. Especially for the Comanche with no fixed wings.
- Go low and slow. Don't rush. This is called "natural stealth".
- Stay out of the main battle tanks' machine gun range (up to 3 km).
- Request for artillery strike (keys:
3). Those guys can take out battalions of tanks for you. Their range is up to 32 km.
- Take out priority targets first.
- 1st: flying armed aircraft
- 2nd: AAA/SAM
- 3rd: grounded aircraft
- 4th: tanks and armoured personnel carriers
- 5th: valued buildings (like the "spawning pool" buildings)
- 5th: unarmed targets
- Never overfly dead targets. The one you missed will get you!
- The chances of getting out of an [attack] helicopter battle alive is about 50%. Because the attack helicopters are evenly balanced in this game. No real pilot would take such a risk! Remember, the helicopter's major advantage comes when busting tanks.
- When attacked by enemy helicopters/fighter:
- gain altitude
- You already have been detected, so staying low doesn't have priority anymore. With altitude you create room for error.
- face the target
- You cannot outrun missiles. Don't try it. Offense is the best defense. Take the helicopter down.
- Look at ASE screen. Spoof incoming missiles.
- Launch many chaffs and flares! It's a do or die situation.
- If you have time, make them get busy! Select air radar, a weapon, a target and start firing!
- The less time they have to shoot you down, the better. Make sure every aircraft has one missile to deal with.
- Same with chaffs and flares, don't spare them (if you have enough missiles).
- Again, don't forget to take note of the ASE.
- If you've bought yourself some more time (probably they are too busy avoiding your missiles) narrow your air radar scan and select the laser Hellfire.
- For example. Dealing with 4 helicopters. Send 2 Stingers at 2 of them. And launch 2 laser Hellfires as well, select one of the other helicopters for the laser Hellfire. Once he's down, make sure the other Hellfire is going at the last helicopter. The first 2 helicopters will probably survive, but will not bother you much, they're busy.
- gain altitude